To keep your money safe, you should open a bank account (checking or savings) Search different bank branches in the area to find “Free Student Accts”
- DO NOT keep large sums of cash on your person or at your apartment
- If you receive a debit card when opening a bank acct., DO NOT give your PIN (personal identification number) to anyone, and keep your card in a safe place with you at all times!
- For identification purposes, you must have your passport or other photo ID with you at all times.
- NEVER give your passport or documents to anyone (landlords/employers) to keep. It is illegal for anyone to take them for any reason.
- Make a copy of your passport & documents and keep them in a very safe place.
- Report your lost/stolen passport or documents immediately to the Ocean City Police Department and your sponsor.